Tuesday, 1 April 2025

Day 8 on safari

 We checked out of Stellenbosch today to drive up the road to a little colonial town called Matjiesfontein. (Mickeysfontain - - it's a tricky one)

It's about a 2½hrs drive along a road that is stunning pretty much all the way. I wasn't expecting too much - I thought it was going to be dull and flat but it turned out to be the complete opposite.

   
How about this for your morning commute


But watch out for the baboons...

We took a little side trip to Aquila game reserve. A couple of hours game drive with our guide

We kicked off with some Ellies


Then some zebras

Lion

Rhino - they cut off their horn so they have no value to poachers

Some rhino poo - they don't poo randomly... they make themselves a designated area so it's all tidy


And some hippo

A great day - by the time we got to our hotel it was dark - total blackout dark and no street lights so I'll be keen to see what this place is like

1 comment:

  1. Dexter “ I think the Rhino is the best and it’s stinky poo” 💩

    ReplyDelete